Hidden defects and Home Inspectors
It would be difficult to find a perfect home. But you need to protect yourself against some of the more expensive repairs that you may encounter. Here are some items that you should watch out for before buying a home.
You should also invest in a Home Inspector for peace of mind. Before you hire an inspector ask the following questions:
1. Are you a member of the American Association of Home Inspectors? What qualifications do you have?
2. Do you have a current license? Some states don't require a license.
3. How many inspections do you do each year of homes in this area?
4. May I contact some of your previous customers and can you provide contact information?
5. Do you carry professional errors and omission insurance?
6. Do you offer any guarantees?
7. Can you provide me with a checklist of what the inspection will cover?
8. Will I be given a detailed written report and if so, when will I receive it?
9. How do you charge for your services?
10. When can I schedule the inspection and how much time do you need to complete the inspection?
RUTH BETHEM, ABR, CRS, GRI, Realtor®