I received in my email recently the announcement of Vision Nightclub opening on U.S.41 just north of Immokalee Road. For all that Naples has to offer, there are actually few so called “night clubs” to go to enjoy some music and do a little dancing. Vision seems to be a unique club that we need to check out further, but it is advertising 3 different rooms each with their own style of music. They will also have valet service, 2 VIP sectiions and 5 full liquor bars. They are asking for 21 Plus style dress requirements, whatever that is. I guess they won’t accept my bell-bottoms and Nehru jacket. Oh well, I think I can still do the twist with the best of them.
The musical line up for this Saturday’s Grand Opening will include Anthony Martin in the Ultralounge with Hip Hop and Dance, Lee Johnson in the Main Room with house music and JC on the Terrace with deep lounge house music.
This all seems rather unique and it will be interesting as to how it is received.
Thought I’d bring you up to date on a few headlines from Naples.
- The Naples Daily News is reporting a new 288 acre commericial development in East Naples off of Collier Blvd. The area is being called City Gate and will have four new hotels built to serve the area. The new residents will include two new Marriott hotels, a SpringHill Suites and a Fairfield Inn & Suites. The project is located near exit 101 off I-75.
- Greg Norman’s Merrill Lynch Shootout will take place soon at the Tiburon Golf Club from Dec. 5-9. Get tickets at www.mlshootout.com.
- The Ten Tenors at the Phil on December 7th.
- Trumpeter Doc Severisen appears at the Philharmonic December 19-20.
- Shows at the Barbara B. Mann in Ft. Myers include A Christmas Carol on December 20 and The Nutcracker from the 26-27th.
- The Naples Christmas Parade this year will be on Dec. 11th.
If your out and about this weekend you should drop by the Naples Renaissance Fall Art Festival down on 10th street. It’s sponsored by the von Liebig Art Center and the Naples Art Association and will be open from 10-5 on Saturday and Sunday. The festival features 130 national, regional and local artists that have been invited. There will be a broad cross-section of art represented including oil/acrylic, jewelry, watercolor, photography, mixed media, clay, fiber/leather, metal, graphics, sculpture, wood, glass and digital imaging. There will be music and food vendors available also.
The featured artist this year is Gerry Brynjulson who will be at Booth 51 and the Developing Artist this year will be Emily Gerity at Booth 26.
Enjoy your weekend.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Before you dig into that big bird and sit down in front of the televisioin to enjoy the football games…take this little quiz to test your knowledge of Thanksgiving.
Photo ©Rick Bethem
The Cole Bros. Circus will pull into Bonita Springs on Thanksgiving Day and stay through the weekend until Sunday the 25th.
This year’s theme is circus of the stars, extreme entertainment said spokesman Ron West. The flying trapeze is back along with the elephants and clowns.
The big top will set up at the Fort Myers Greyhound dog track at the corner of Bonita Beach Road and Old 41. Shows are at 4:30 and 7:30 Monday-Friday, 1:30, 4:30 and 7:30 on Saturday and 4:30 on Sunday. Adults tickets are $17 and kids $12 although kids are admitted free in the general admissions area with a coupon they can get at school and some fast food restaurants. Call 888-332-5200 for more info or go to the Cole Bros. website.