TEST YOUR FLORIDA IQ
Whether you're planning a trip to Florida in search of sun, fun
and amusement or you’re already in our Sunshine State, how
much do you really know about Florida? Take this short quiz to
determine your Florida IQ.
Move your cursor over the "Answer" to
see if your correct.
1. What reptile is found in brackish
water in the southern extremities of Florida?
2. What swamp dwelling tree is noted for its buttressed trunk
and unique "knees"?
3. Florida has been called the nation's "capitol" for
what kind of dangerous natural phenomenon?
4. By what other term are Florida's large land turtles called?
5. What is Florida's state salt-water mammal?
6. What is Florida's leading cash crop?
7. What is the Florida state flower?
8. What is Florida's most abundant mineral?
9. What two crustaceans account for more than half of the seafood
industry of Florida?
10. What animal appears in more varieties in Florida than any
How did you score?
|10 right = Native
||4 = Snowbird
|8 right = Gator
|| 2 = Washed-Ashore
|6 right = Semi-Native
||0 = Tourist